Thursday, April 26, 2012

seed pods and things...

I have just started the Art and business of surface pattern design course... and I am so bloody excited.  Doing this stuff for the rest of my life would be like heaven for me.  I am totally blissed out!!!


The top pics are some of my drawings from collections of stones and seed pods below {I couldn't help but draw a few little pod people}. 


Yesterday was ANZAC day so we had the day off.  I decided it was going to be a photo taking/drawing day... I had so much fun finding all sorts of interesting things... which meant the house ended up in a huge mess!!!  I was a girl possessed.  Then I thought it might be fun to go to the beach in the evening, so we strolled along collecting treasures and I quietly thought about those ANZAC men.

5 comments:

mama bleu said...

all so wonderfully inspiring!!

Louise said...

Looks just absolutely wonderful!

softearthart said...

Great drawings Katherine, loving those little seed pod children, cheers Marie

danasparkle said...

finding bliss. thanks for sharing the inspiration.
x
*

Elizabeth GLz Designs said...

I am happy you are in this course. I am on module 3 and I am loving it so far. This part came on the right time before SURTEX, plus I love the manufacturing part of it and I am having the best of my times with lots of ideas and doodling more than ever. This will open a new and amazing world for you as it did for me. Enjoy!